Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Hailey's Prayers Lately

So, I had to write this down before I forget about it...

Lately Hailey has been saying the following things in her prayers, in no particular order:

Please bless Sophie to not tease me.
Please bless Cory to not tease me.
Please bless Sophie to not hit me.
Please bless Cory to not hit me. (Can you tell she's our sensitive child??)

Please bless Sophie to be nice to me and share her dollies and not yell at me.
Please bless Cory to be nice to me and not yell at me and let me play with him.
Please bless me to not crawl in mommy and daddy's bed at night.
When I do crawl into mommy and daddy's bed at night, please bless me to not kick daddy.
Please help me to not be too cold and then wake up in the night.
Please help me to not be too hot and then wake up in the night.
Please help me to be just right and nice and comfortable while I sleep and not wake up.
(Can you tell we've stressed that she needs to stay in her own bed at night??)


And then the usual stuff like, bless me to be brave at night, and not be scared, and not have bad dreams, etc, etc.

Sometimes her prayers last for 2 or 3 minutes, and Trent and I are doing all we can to hold in our laughing. One time my eyes were watering because I was trying so hard not BUST OUT laughind during her prayers.

Such is the life of a 4-year-old.

2 comments:

  1. Totally shows what is important to her and her concerns. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! She sounds like a very sensitive, loving middle child!

    ReplyDelete