Saturday, February 7, 2009

Still NO BABY!

Well, here we are one week before the due date, and I am having no contractions at all. (Well, I've had some off and on all week, but nothing regular.) Some of you may be wondering why I am complaining if I am still just 39 weeks. Well, Cory was born 8 days early and Hailey was born 14 days early. So, surely, my third baby should be born before now, RIGHT?!?! As far as I'm concerned, this one is LATE.

Luckily, at my doctor's appointment yesterday, he said we could induce me on Tuesday, Feb 10. He tried calling LDS Hospital, where I'll be delivering, but they were pretty busy on Tuesday and couldn't actually schedule a time. They will call me Monday with what time to come in on Tuesday, otherwise, I might have to wait until Wednesday. YUCK! Okay, so 3 more days of this...I can do it. I'm also nervous to go this long because even with Cory being 8 days early, he still weighed 9 lbs. 12 oz. and with Hailey being 14 days early, weighed 8 lbs. 2 oz. My doctor said he thinks this one will be somewhere in the middle. I certainly hope so and that she won't be bigger than Cory. I don't think I could push her out if she is any bigger than Cory!

The other annoying thing is I've been dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced for the last week as well. The doctor said her head is low and everything looks really ready. Well, tell that to my body that doesn't want to respond!! We've tried all the home inducement things we know and nothing's worked so far. If anyone has any other ideas besides walking backwards, eating a whole pineapple, doing accupressure on the hands, or sex, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment